Current road closures
Please refresh this page to see the latest closures.
Updated 15:00 Friday 8 January 2021.
A number of roads around the county have been affected by heavy rainfall. The following list shows those that are closed, impassable or passable with care.
After a flood, we need to inspect the road to make sure it is still safe to travel on. Road closures remain in place until this inspection is done, so please do not move signs. Even if the road looks clear or passable, it might not be safe. We need to check the surface, clear up any debris and grit if needed. Road closures are in place to keep you and your vehicle safe.
- Corse End Road, Highleadon - Passable with care due to damaged road surface after flooding
- Payford Pitch, Redmarley - will be closed indefinitely due to significant storm damage
- B4234 Lydbrook - will be closed indefinitely due to significant storm damage
- Flaxley Road, Westbury - CLOSED on Severn end. No through road.
- Ruspidge to Soudley at Upper Soudley - road closure due to concerns over the safety of the bridge
- Wainlodes Lane Norton - CLOSED
- Ham Road Tirley - CLOSED
- Sandhurst Lane - CLOSED
- Base Lane, Sandhurst - CLOSED
A new flood guide offering advice for anyone affected is available here.
Following severe weather events we experienced in February 2020, a number of roads require further works before we can safely reopen them.
- New Road, Blakeney - Road closed due to landslip (closure will be in place for the foreseeable future) - more information available here
- Farm Lane (Holloway Road to Bakers Mill, Oakrdige near Stroud – wall collapse – under construction, completion due on 24th January 2021
- Gruntas Lane, Harescombe – landslip – closed
PLEASE NOTE: Any information posted on this page applies to the GCC road network ONLY and not Highways England's trunk roads, for example, the A40, A417/A419 and the motorways. Traffic information for Highways England's roads can be found here.
For updates and information on road closures please follow: